Sonntag, 15. Dezember 2013

(Review) Catrice Prime And Fine Eyeshadow Base and Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner

Today I want to show you two primer I´m currently using. They are from on of my favorite cosmetic brands, Catrice.
I´ve already tried some eye shadow primer from local brands but none of them really worked. And since I really like Catrice I wanted to give it a try.

~The product~



Let´s start with the "Prime And Fine Eyeshadow Base".




This is a base  with a creamy texture and it claims to make every eyeshadow waterproof and long-lasting. Sounds good right?
The base comes in a glass container that contains 4ml of product.
Ingredients: C11-13 ISOPARAFFIN, OZOKERITE, TALC, MICA, VP / HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, ETHYLENE / VA COPOLYMER, GLYCINE SOJA OIL, TIN OXIDE, LECITHIN, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS SEED OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT, RETINYL PALMITATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, LINOLEIC ACID, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).


Next up is the "Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner".




This is actually a silicone-based oil-free primer that claims to make pores disappear and fill out wrinkles for a smooth refined complexion.
This base comes in a plastic container that contains 14g of product.
Ingredients: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, ISOSTEARYL ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, LANOLIN, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, MICA, PEG-8, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, TOCOPHEROL, SILICA, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ASCORBIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

~How to use~



Apply the bases before applying your eyeshadow or foundation.



~My opinion~



So what do I think about the eyeshadow base? I love it. Its really great. The texture is not as creamy as it is claimed. It´s more solid. It kind of feels waxy.


(swatches) 
(I was surprised because the scar on my hand was less visible after applying the base. But I don´t really know why my hand looks so yellowish at the bottom of the picture :D Sorry for that.)

 But it´s easy to apply. The eyeshadow looks more intense and it stays on for a long time. When I come home from college my eyeshadow still looks like I would have just applied it and that´s what I love about this base. Let´s be honest, nobody likes it when your eyeshadow dissappears in the crease.
 And you can say, a little goes a long way. You don´t need a huge amount of product.

+


  • makes eyeshadow long-lasting and waterproof
  • easy to apply
  • a little goes a long way

-

  • nothing

The "Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner" is not as good as the "Prime And Fine Eyeshadow Base". It  has a nice texture and it feels very soft on the skin.


(swatches)

 And it´s true, your pores disappear but the make up doesn´t stay on longer than normal and my skin got oily very fast. But its good if you want to get rid of you pores temporarily. And I need to say that it has a very pleasant smell

+

  • pleasant smell
  • makes pores disappear
  • makes skin feel soft

-

  • make up doesn´t stay longer
  • my skin got oily

I will definetly purchase the "Prime And Fine Eyeshadow Base" again once I used it up but I won´t purchase the "Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner". I actually bought this one because I used up my Baby Choux Base from Etude House and I thought I could try this one.

I bought the "Prime And Fine Eyeshadow Base" for 3,99€ and the "Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner" for 4,99€.

~My rating~


"Prime And Fine Eyeshadow Base"



"Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner"




What´s your favorite primer?


Thanks for reading♥


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen